Communications Manager (posted 11/3/2020)
| Glenmeadow, Longmeadow, MA
Glenmeadow Communications Manager
Reports To: Vice President of Marketing & Strategic Initiatives
FLSA Status: Regular Full-Time, Exempt
Established in 1884, Glenmeadow is an accredited life plan community, with a mission to serve older adults in the Greater Springfield region, whether they live at our Longmeadow campus or in their own homes. The organization provides independent and assisted living at 24 Tabor Crossing in Longmeadow and expanded Glenmeadow at Home services throughout greater Springfield.
Provides a critical role in educating all of Glenmeadow’s audiences of the organization’s mission and the important work it does as a nonprofit by developing and implementing a strategic communications strategy that supports the goals for fundraising, residential occupancy, and Glenmeadow at Home growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead the communications and public relations effort.
- Work with the President, VP of Marketing and Strategic Initiatives, and the Director of Sales to implement strategies, multi media campaigns, and special events to drive lead activity and support a culture of philanthropy.
- Serve as the primary content creator, editor, and proofreader for all written communications, including press releases, enewsletters and other direct mailings, grant requests, and web and social media posts.
- Maintain an editorial calendar to coordinate the messaging and content for all communications-related initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a robust public relations effort, maintaining a database of local media outlets and building relationships with editors.
- Coordinate the creation and distribution of periodic mailings (both snail mail and email) to all audiences, using both a mail house and Constant Contact.
- Manage all aspects of Glenmeadow’s digital presence, including the website and social media tactics; update and create new posts to the website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other appropriate venues.
- Maintain brand identity messaging and coordinate prospect research to prepare CEO, senior leadership, and other key ambassadors for donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Manage the communications-related assets, including logos, literature and admission forms, stationary, photo files, ads, and press releases; create or recommend digital system for this.
- Communicate with prospective and existing residents/clients/donors, wait list members, and referral sources to build rapport, further relationships, and support giving, move ins, and the growth of GAH services.
- Utilize the Enquire sales database and Matrixcare donor database for relationship and activity/gift tracking; pull reports and lists; update contact information; and provide other administrative coordination as needed. Along with department and IT staff, coordinate the transition to new fundraising software.
The ideal candidate will possess outstanding written and verbal communications skills, be a self-starter, and have a positive attitude. Specific requirements:
- Three writing samples, demonstrating various writing assignments, must be forwarded with your resume.
- If interviewed, candidates will be given an on-site assignment that will test writing skills, attention to detail, proofreading, and familiarity with social media.
- The demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing deadlines is essential.
- Computer literacy, including a strong proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and demonstrated experience working with the Adobe suite or other design software is required.
- Candidates should have familiarity and comfort level working with web sites, content management software, and social media platforms.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related area, such as journalism, communications, or public relations, and a minimum of three years of work/intern experience is required, preferably in a marketing, communications, or development environment with a nonprofit organization.
- Passion for helping to improve the lives of older adults is expected.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
If eligible, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical coverage, 403b retirement option, paid holiday and sick time, and other voluntary benefits. We also offer access to our Employee Assistance Program, and educational opportunities for your professional development.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to: