Always looking ahead, the Advertising Club of Western Massachusetts supports future generations of creative professionals with an annual merit based scholarship. It's awarded to one or more deserving students from western Massachusetts intent upon carving out a career in the advertising, communications, marketing, or graphic arts industries.
In 2013 one $1000 scholarship* will be awarded at the June professional development luncheon and all college bound communication arts students from the region are invited to apply.
Criteria For Selection
- Must be a high school senior with a permanent address in western Massachusetts.
- Must be accepted by an accredited college or technical school to study advertising, communications, marketing or graphic arts.
- Must enter the college or technical school in September following high school graduation.
- Must apply the scholarship against tuition and fees at the college.
- Academic performance determined from official high school transcript of grades.
- Extracurricular activities, community service, work experience and a demonstrated interest in advertising/ communications/marketing or graphic design.
- Three personal recommendations from teachers, clergy, family physician, or other persons not related to you, who can discuss your qualifications for the scholarship.
- Application letter of introduction outlining future plans, including personal goals and how they relate to communications and academic goals, intended major and criteria for selecting a college.
- Detailed resumé listing extracurricular activities, special interests, previous work history and anything that demonstrates a dedication to the advertising/communications/marketing or graphic design industries.
- Completed Scholarship Application form.
The application deadline is Monday, April 29, 2013. Completed scholarship application form must be affixed to the letter of introduction, accompanied by a high school transcript, personal references and resumé. Scholarship decisions are made by the Scholarship Committee of the Advertising Club of Western Massachusetts and are considered final.
Completed applications and all support materials should be sent to:
The Advertising Club of Western Massachusetts, P.O. Box 1022, West Springfield, MA 01090-1022
* The Advertising Club of Western Massachusetts reserves the right to determine whether a scholarship will be awarded in any given year, and if so, the number and size of awards.